Monday, February 27, 2012

I can't wait for Spring Break.

I am sick of Kent, like I love Kent..I love living here, I love my room and dorm..but last night was just the last straw for me. Now, there are only a few things that can drive me nuts or really, really make me mad. One of those things, is messing with my sleep. First of all, I can hardly sleep here anyway, I never (since I was a freshman) had a good night's sleep up here because my guard (due to my anxiety) is up 24/7 here. I can't really full relax because of that which leads to me hardly getting any sleep. Since I've started dieting and working out (I love my boot camp class by the way!) I've been trying to go to sleep early because one, I found out you'll have more energy if you sleep more. It also helps with  your weight loss, stress and over all mental health..so I've been trying to get to sleep early. Last night, I went to bed last night at 10 and 5 minutes later...my room was shaking with the blasting of idiotic rap music from the boys next door.

My floor made rules at the beginning of the semester...quiet hours start at 10 PM, which means..no talking loudly, no yelling and no blasting music at that time. They completely ignored that, you know..I don't mind if you blast your music, but if you mess with my sleep and on top of that..be major rude to me. I will not tolerate it. I've tried throughout the semester to talk these boys, knock on their door, say.."Hey! Could you mind turning your music down please?" they didn't even have the decency to open their door. So what do they do? They blast their music louder. I was up, 3 more hours because of these morons. Like really, we aren't in high school anymore, we are in college. And last time I checked, your parents and mine didn't spend thousands and thousands of dollars to come here, blast your music and "party". Grow up.

I'm just really worn out with school! 18 days and I'll be on Spring Break, I'm hoping to travel with my dad somewhere but if not, I'll be back to be at home redoing and painting my room. I just need out of here for awhile, I need a break. On top of the "dorm drama" I've had to deal with family stuff too. My Grammy had to have hip replacement surgery and I couldn't be there for it which really upset me. But, in the end she's okay and back home recovering so I'm happy for that.

Its just a lot to deal with right now and I guess this is what they call growing up and I am slowly but surely learning how to deal with it. I just can't wait for March 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment