Saturday, September 1, 2012

September wishes

I am so glad August is over, that month has to be one of the months I dread the most. Probably because its the end of summer and no matter what you do, its in the back of your mind that your summer is running out.

However, this semester has to be the best schedule/classes I've ever had. One, since I don't have a math course I don't have to go to tutoring for 5 extra hours a week. I literally have two classes a day (minus Wednesday) and I have lots of time to get things done in between. I also have awesome people who I'm living with this year too! I live in a dorm where two rooms share a bathroom (AKA a suite) so I have a roommate and two suitemates. All three of them are so nice and so far its been a lot of fun living with them. Completely different from the past two years I've stayed there, its just a nice atmosphere.

Classes are going great! My history classes are fun and most of them seem to be pretty basic, read the books, write papers and very few midterms in between. Which is amazing because last semester, I literally had midterms every 2-3 weeks, lol. Japanese is my absolute favorite class this semester and I am so glad that I switched my major to be able to take any history class and a language.

My senesi (teacher) is American Japanese and is originally from Ohio. She just got back a few weeks ago from teaching English in Tokyo for the past 4 years. She's very sweet and helpful, I am very lucky that I got a language teacher at Kent who can speak Japanese and English clearly! Most of the language teachers at Kent are foreign and can hardly speak English, lol. The only thing I'm struggling with in Japanese is the characters/writing. I am horrible at drawing but remembering each word/character/symbol that goes with everything AND on top of that drawing them correctly is like ahhhhhhhhh. Hopefully just writing them over and over will make me memorize/draw them perfectly. Did you know that Japan has 3 alphabets?

I heard from Eric the other day, he actually called me which was nice because I hadn't heard his voice in over a month. We talked for a few minutes and then he told me that was going to be the last time I will hear from him in awhile because he was about to go back on ship and float to his locations. It was hard because neither of us wanted to hang up the phone or say goodbye, we literally were silent for like 20 seconds before he said I love you, goodbye and hung up. I pray that his sailing is smooth and the next few months will fly by because I miss him so much. I just want him in the states.

Anyway, I have always liked September because of everything that is going on during the weekends. Yankee Peddler, Mum Festival, Ciderfest and random Flea Markets. I also like to enjoy the last nice warm weather we get and just the fresh start of school. Yankee Peddler though is my absolute favorite, I can't wait for cold cider and roast beef sandwiches, mmmm!

I am going to start a new thing on my blog where at every start of each month where I'll be posting a wish list of items I would like to get over that month. (Trying to fit into the blog world, haha!)

Maybelline lipstick, Sperrys, Maybelline eyebrow pencil, try and get a jar full of extra change,  $15 iTunes card, Kingdom Hearts symbol necklace, lipstick holder and a mermaid necklace from Etsy.



Here's hoping that September turns out to be a good month!

No comments:

Post a Comment