Friday, April 13, 2012

So here's what happened:

I had an accident yesterday, which left me in the ER for 4 (almost 5!) hours along with a concussion and a bad neck strain along with a horrible ugly cast around my neck.

Lets rewind to boot camp class: We were playing non-stop tag, always moving with 3 people who were "it" if you got tagged you had to do 20 push ups, 20 mountain climbers or 20 burpees. Now I was one of the people who were "it" and I was about to tag someone when this kid comes out of nowhere and literally shoves me to the ground. My left leg went behind my right and my neck hit the floor (we were inside the MACC annex in one of the gyms) and then bounced hitting my head. Now...for a few seconds everything was black, but then like 2 seconds later I started screaming. Now my instructor ran over to me right away and then I realized what happened, stopped screaming and just laid there. I couldn't feel my left shoulder and my head and neck hurt so much that it was excruciating.

After talking about it for awhile with my instructor and my mom over the phone, we decided to go to the health center first before calling the squad. However when I got to the health center in the lobby I almost fell over because I got super dizzy. Thankfully enough, 7 nurses basically jumped over the counter and grabbed me before I could fall. It was pretty funny though watching those elderly nurses hold me up, considering I'm 5'7 and most of them were 5'4 and 5'3.

The head doctor of Dewese looked at me and said he couldn't do anything really, I needed CAT scans and head scans and that they needed to call the squad. After a horrible, bumpy ride to Akron General and a crying fit over getting a stupid IV in my arm DURING THE BUMPY CAR RIDE, we made it to the hospital.

Now, I have an anxiety disorder...my head was throbbing because of the bumpy car ride, I was strapped down to the point where I couldn't move...so once we got there I started crying my eyes out because I got really scared. So what do these lovely bitchy nurses do? They start telling me to calm down and got real mean with me. Like really? So once I calmed down, the doctor looked at me and said I needed scans and pain meds. After waiting a few hours, with pain meds in my system and scans done...they came to the conclusion that I have a bad concussion along with a neck strain.

So I am okay, but I hurt and my neck is very sore. My head doesn't hurt that very badly but when I move around I still get a bit dizzy. The only few things that is annoying that I had to miss classes and tutoring today, wearing this stupid collar and that kid who pushed me.

All I can say is...I can't believe I got taken down by tag. Really Katy?


No comments:

Post a Comment