Saturday, January 26, 2013

Time flies!

I feel like once again, it has been forever since I have written a blog post! Things have just been so crazy, I keep asking myself...will it ever stop?! And then I hang my head because I know its only going to get worse, lol!

I moved back to Kent, which was nice! I missed my dorm and roomies and especially my Japanese class! I'm not so sure about my other classes, but eh that's life! I just want to do a lot better this semester, enjoy it and get it over with...because at the end of the day, this semester is probably going to be my last semester at Kent.

Last weekend, Eric and I went down to Columbus to attend an anime convention called Ohayocon. People dress up as characters from comic books, animes, manga, Japanese fashion and other random things. The theme for the con this year was zombies, which was pretty fun to do.

We both wanted to cosplay but we just didn't have enough time, so on the first day I just wore my favorite anime tee and a wig! The second day Eric and I dressed as zombies and on the last day we just wore causal clothes.


Going into the convention center on the first day, we were not prepared for how big and how many people were there. I was told that there was supposed to be 2000-6000 people there right? By the end of the weekend, there were over 15,000 people that attended Ohayocon! Crazy right?! Both Eric and I were kinda weirded out by how many people were there, I realized that I don't like being in big crowds.

But it was a lot of fun! Most of the time people were friendly and nice, it also felt very comfortable being surrounded by people who love anime, manga and Japan. The only gross part of the con was that some people liked to dress up and by dress up I mean, taping their chests and walking around in platforms and a mini skirt. For the record, if you aren't under a size 10...you should not wear that kind of stuff. (My poor eyes will be scared forever!)

My first con was a lot of fun, I learned a lot, I bought a lot of cute things and I got some quality time with my hubby. I can't wait for my next con this summer! I'm hoping to have two cosplays for it too :)

Here are some of the pictures from the con:
Us as zombies!

Me in a traditional Shinto priestess outfit

Me with a cosplayer! (Kaien Shiba!)

An awesome cosplay of the toy soldiers from Toy Story


You know how people always say that time flies? I don't think you actually believe that saying till it actually happens to you. On Wednesday, Eric will be leaving for his next duty station and I'm not really sure how I feel about it; because of school I can't go with him. I promised my mom that I would finish 3 years of college before I married and moved, we got married early so we could get housing earlier which was fine..but it didn't mean I was just going to drop everything school wise and just leave. Even though...deep down, that's what I really wanted. More than anything I'm angry that once again I'm being left behind, but it can't be helped.

Going a bit off topic but, I'm not a big fan of school. I feel like college is a complete waste of time because even though you have a degree it doesn't mean you are going to get a job. The economy is a hot mess and really only specific majors are guaranteed jobs and that doesn't always happen either. I love history so much and I know I can do several jobs with it, but my dream is really to write and own a shop online making and selling things. Writing and making things is something I've wanted to do for a very, very long time and with college I can't do either because its too much. I rather work a part time job, write and make things than go to college.

I didn't really have a choice in the matter though, college has taught me a lot about school, life, people and most of all myself. Even though the past 3 years didn't go the way I wanted, I wouldn't change a thing because everything worked out in the end. I'll finish my degree, it might take me longer than what I'm doing now...but once I go move to North Carolina I rather finish my degree with online classes...I have no problem with that.

But to everyone who thinks I should wait and stay in Ohio to finish my degree, really shouldn't worry that much. I have a plan and I will finish my degree, I'll find a way. But right now, I want other things and with Eric being in North Carolina and the marines in general....I can make those ambitions and dreams happen.

Back to Eric! I am going to miss so much! But you know what? We are in the same time zone! We can text, call and face time! Which makes things sooooo much easier since we couldn't do that the past 2 years! Plus, I'll be for sure visiting in March for my Spring Break so I'm not worried!

It's just going to be weird not having him with me 24/7 but I'll adjust! I know school/homework/exams and wedding planning will take up most of my time anyway....besides...time flies you know~

No comments:

Post a Comment