Friday, August 10, 2012

Final Countdown

On Monday I'll have a week left till I move back to Kent, usually I would have another week till I move in but I am working welcome weekend so I get to move in early, this will also be my second year working welcome weekend. Move in Monday the 20th, Welcome Weekend training the next day for a few hours and then you have Wednesday off and then you work random events from Thursday to Sunday evening and classes start Monday. No big deal, you get to move in early with no hassle for parking etc and you also get $50 flash cash which is nice if you live on campus.

In all honesty, I rather spend that extra week at home! But I know I have to do whats easier for my mom and that is moving in on Monday which I understand...I just wish things were different.

This semester shouldn't be hard, really..I'm just going to need to study and focus more I think. I'm not taking a math class so thats a HUGE weight off my shoulders, but with all my history classes and starting my language (Japanese) I'm going to need to put all my focus into it. However I have a feeling thats going to be a challenge....because sometimes I have an attention span of a squirrel lol.

In the meantime, I am trying to see people and do certain things before I leave. Its frustrating too at times because all of my friends literally work 1-2 jobs in the summer and its hard to work around their schedules. Its also frustrating because my summer job (for the moment anyway, I might be umpiring in the fall) is over and everything costs money. Besides running around and seeing people, I am also trying to finish my room!

And my mom got me an amazing surprise yesterday!


New dressers! I love them so much! I can't wait to paint them and put them in my room! My room is coming together, its just taking longer than intended..but in the end, its going to get done and I am so excited. Mom and I just got paint samples yesterday too...I think we are going to paint my walls grey and all my furniture blue! 

I still haven't heard from Eric, its been a week now but its okay. I'm not upset or angry, I just wish I knew where he was. On a ship or still in Fuji? Either way I just miss him, but I think not talking to him is making time go faster...or maybe its just me.

Wrapping up this summer and everything will be okay...

I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment